Basically, wellness means being in good physical and mental health. This is very essential because the whole body system relies on this. Default in one’s physical health affects the mental health and so also, default in one’s mental health affects one’s physical health. So also, when you work on your physical health, your mental health will be affected positively and when you work on your mental health, your physical health is affected positively.
Working on your physical or mental health wellness is always an intentional act. This is so because the practice is not a day job. It takes time to satisfactorily affirm that one is working on his health. Many people have practiced this either consciously or unconsciously in recent years. That was during the pandemic. Many people were extra conscious of using preventives like using the face shield, nose masks, washing of hands, taking vaccines etc. They did this mostly because they learnt that the pandemic was a serious one and can be easily contracted. When you work towards achieving your physical wellness, you promote proper care of your body, both physically and mentally, making the body function very well. There are various elements of physical wellness that must not be taken with levity. Overall wellness of the body encourages the balance of physical activities (like walking up to work), nutrition and having a good mental well-being makes the mind and the thinking in good condition.
- Advertisement -
Wellness can be in many forms of wellness aside from physical and mental wellness. these include, spiritual wellness, social wellness, occupational wellness, intellectual wellness,
- Advertisement -
- Spiritual wellness; Spiritual wellness talks about having a strong spiritual connection in that one becomes strong and unfearful of some life situations. There is a popular saying that ” life is spiritual”. a whole of actions are believed to have been completed in the spiritual realm before happening in reality. Many are oblivious about that fact. To learn more about spirituality, one needs to be part of a religion. There are many religions that may offer this. However, the most widely accepted religion is Christianity. This religion is basically a religion of faith in one personality called Jesus.
- Social wellness; social wellness refers to the ability to actively relate with other people without fear or timidity. Active social wellness helps individuals to have connections with people and many people that might help one in the future. When you surround yourself with a positive social network, your self esteem and self confidence is built. Social wellness also prompts one to create boundaries to either make or mar relationships that are or are not profitable for someone. Having good and standard social wellness is very essential in building emotional resilience.
- Occupational wellness; occupational wellness means the ability to rightly balance one’s occupation with other activities one engages. Oftentimes, when we engage in more than just one activity, one hinders the other. Also, Learn how to manage issues at work both with gadgets and humans in order to prevent them spilling into other areas of life especially your family or emotions. You can opt-in for the usage of technological devices. That will help reduce stress.
- Intellectual wellness; Intellectual knowledge is the wellness that comes from active participation and engagement in activities that are creative and mentally stimulating. To achieve this kind of welnes, you can opt in for learning, and new skills building around expanding and sharing knowledge with others. This can include gaming. There are some games that Helo build the thinking if an individual. Having a zero sense of feeling for intellectually stimulating activities can affect the production of chemicals in the brain that can cause us to feel happiness and excitement to engage in learning. Therefore, the body needs activities that will make the brain to always be actively engaged.
- Cultural wellness; due to civilization ad some other personal factors, many people aren’t familiar with ther culture. They don’t really know much about theire origin. This might not be a good option for one who wants a good and healthy health wellness. You would wonder how poor acquaintance with one’s culture affects one’s wellness. This could be in the form being inferior to others who are fully aware of tmthe culture. One would be an inferior to them and also, some refer culture to an heritage meaning that if you lack some sense of culture,you lack a particular heritage. Also, culture is meant to be passed from age to age. Therefore, it is advisable that you learn your culture to be able to pass it on to your children. To figure this out, you can Seek various ideas, facts, stories, experiences from the older ones or from friends who know more your culture. You can also Interact with peers that are different, and be curious about your own personal family history, family rituals, traditions, all that is related to your culture and family background. This goes a long way in improving one’s wellness.
WHY IS WELLNESS IMPORTANT?
- Advertisement -
There are lots of benefits that are associated with having wellness in the body. These benefits are numerous to the extent that one can’t list them all. Few of these benefits will be highlighted below.
- When you work towards having wellness, your body functions at its best. Wellness makes the body function very well.
- Another benefit of having wellness in the body is that the internal body parts are strengthened. The bones and muscles are strengthened and they tend to endure better than those of people who don’t take physical wellness activities. Therefore, the risk of contracting diseases like stroke becomes reduced.
- Having a high level of physical activity and maintaining proper nutrition will not only sharpen your thinking and learning abilities. Your sense of self-esteem and self-control will as well be heightened.
- Another important importance of wellness is that shapens every part of one’s life. This means that you grow evenly in all areas of your life.
Conclusion, wellness should not be taken with levity. Be conscious about having wellness in areas of your life. This will make you intentional about all you do and it will very possibly be passed to your offspring.