What You Need To Know About Popping Your Pimples: Our skin possesses the largest cells in our body. It carries little holes scientifically referred to as pores which help us in respiration.
It is most likely we have acne sometimes known as pimples. Dead skin cells, hair, oil, debris, and germs are obstructing these pimples.
Acne or pimples is one of the most common skin conditions among youths. We have numerous types of pimples; blackheads, cysts, whiteheads, nodules, pustules, papules, and fungal pimples or acne.
- Advertisement -
- Blackheads according to the oxford dictionary is a skin blemishes. A type of acne vulgaris, where a pore becomes clogged with a dark, hard, cheesy keratin-filled substance. It forms a hard black “head” on the skin’s surface.
- Cysts are closed sac-like structures bloated with liquid or semi-liquid-like blisters.
- Whitehead in line with the oxford dictionary is a type of pimple formed by a clogged sebaceous gland. It is typically with a milky-white cap.
- A nodule is a type of pimple that is large and painful, usually hard and beneath the skin surface.
- Pustules might be mistaken for Whitehead because it additionally carries pus but this time surrounded by red rings.
- A papule is a type of pimple resulting from irritation on the skin but without pus.
- Fungal pimples are often scratchy, itchy, and inflamed
Pimples ruin Self-esteem
It is horrible when a day to your photoshoot, pimples now cover your face. Or, some days to your date, pimples intrude on your well-rehearsed face and smile. 70% of young adults have pimples.
Most times they feel shy about it, especially when they espy someone who wears smooth skin. This most times leads to people seeking every means to get rid of these round swollen spots on their skin. Even if it requires popping it themselves.
Is popping pimples right?
Although almost every person with pimples feels the urge to pop it. Dermatologists go against this act. They are of the opinion that it might spread the pus to other non-infected areas of the skin.
Disadvantages of popping your pimples
- Popping your pimples might create an open wound on your skin which can make you prone to other infections.
- It can result in breaking your skin barrier. This will allow moisture to leave without hindrance and makes pathogens enter the skin freely.
- Popping your pimples may end up scaring you with black spots for life.
- When you pop your pimples yourself, you may end up smudging the pus/bacteria to other areas of the skin.
- When you prick your pimples with a pin, you may eventually put the pores deeper into your skin. It may also result in inflammation under the skin.
- It may delay the natural healing process. Normally, pimples if not popped may heal themselves in 3 to 7 days. But if popped, they can stay for weeks or eventually, permanent scarring.
- Popping pimples underneath the triangle on your face may have negative effects on the brain.
No matter the side effects, it is hard to see or feel pimples on your face and not have the urge to pop those tiny little invaders off your stunning face.
- Advertisement -
What to do before popping your pimples
However, if you are considering popping your pimples then you need to follow the next set of guides to the letter.
- Apply medication such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to the Blackhead to loosen it.
- After popping your pimples, wash your hands properly before touching other places on your skin
- Sterilize a needle, prick the skin, then apply pressure on the pores. Or use a comedones extractor to extract the pus.
- Do not poke your pimples when they are hard, but when they have white or milky heads.
- When popping, safely put your fingers around the milky head and not on it.
If your pimples or acne keeps coming back, or the pain is becoming unbearable, please see a doctor.