At-Home Covid-19 Test Kit: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a virus caused by SARS-CoV-2 which damages the respiratory system.
Symptoms of coronavirus include migraine, chest pain, weariness, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, fever, and diarrhea.
According to the reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 215 million people have been vaccinated against Covid-19 in the United States as of February 23, 2022.
Despite this, more people need to get vaccinated against Covid-19. As a result of this need, the Food and Drug Administration has approved 16 at-home coronavirus tests, allowing many people to be tested in the privacy and safety of their homes.
Additionally, the FDA authorized all of these tests under EUA, emergency use authorization. This means that the At-Home Covid Test kit can only be used for the duration of the public health emergency.
Over time, questions about the validity and reliability of these At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit have become a thing. Covid 19 Home Test Kit collections are very reliable because tests are processed in the same labs used by medical practitioners.
You can be guaranteed to get an accurate result by following the test kit’s instructions. Also, according to a review published in 2021, saliva or nasal swab samples for a Covid- 19 test.
How Does the At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit Work?
- If your doctor has yet to order a test for you, you can place your order through the website of the home test product that you want to use.
- You fill out an intake survey as seen on the website
- The test provider’s own physician will examine your response to see if you could be at risk.
- An at-home test kit will be sent to you once your eligibility has been verified
- Saliva or nasal swab will collect samples depending on your chosen at-home test kit.
- The majority of these at-home test kits include instructions for collecting samples in a seamless manner.
- Your samples need to be returned to the test providers, either by mail or by courier.
- Most of these at-home test companies require payment upfront, while a few provide financial assistance or insurance options.
- Results are usually available in a few days and distributed online.
- Virtual consultations are made available by the at-home test companies either during the collecting procedure or after the results have been reviewed.
A Guide To At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit Choices
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorization.
- Take into account the collection procedure.
- The duration taken for the results to be delivered.
- What are the many types of Covid-19 at-home tests available?
5 Best At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit
Labcorp is the most accessible at-home COVID-19 test, especially for those who are uninsured. A nasal swab is the method of sample collection used by Labcorp.
If you choose the Pixel at-home test kit, you will be required to fill out a survey, which is optional. Payment is not always required in advance, and results are usually available one to two days after the lab receives your sample. A free consultation is provided for those who test positive for Covid-19 or whose results are undetermined.
When it comes to budget, FlowFlex is the best option. Samples are taken via nasal swab with a sterile swab provided, and results are available in 15 minutes.
EverlyWell was the first At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit test provider for Covid-19 to offer Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). EverlyWell provides more than 30 different types of at-home test kits. It can also check for symptomatic and asymptomatic coronavirus infection.
Samples are taken using a nose swab, and results are available in one to two days. EverlyWell has received recognition for its ease of use during sample collection.
Vitagen is the most private option. Vitagen works with Rutgers University Cell & DNA Repository (RUCDR), and saliva is used to gather samples.
Within two to three days, the results will be available and will be submitted on their website. Vitagen accepts upfront payment options.
For companies who buy in quantity, this is the best option. DxTerity, like Vitagen, takes saliva samples, and results are available in 1 to 3 days. Samples are transmitted through FedEx once they have been collected.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I order an at-home At-Home Covid 19 Test Kit? As soon as you feel any Covid 19 symptoms.
Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
is Covid 19 Home Test Kit reliable? At-Home Covid 19 Test Kits are generally reliable because they are processed in the same lab medical practitioners use but that does not mean they can’t be prone to errors.
Are At-Home Covid 19 Test Kits covered by insurance? Most at-home test companies require advance payment. Pixel by Labcorp is the only Covid 19 Home Test Kit that does not require an upfront payment.